Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I am looking forward to

While I have enjoyed living in the Northeast, the particular corner of the country I call home currently is not my ideal cup of tea. And it's the people who live here that are fault for this, I think.

Case in point: Wife and I are grabbing a drink at an overpriced wine bar after I get off the train from work. Two  women are sitting at the end of the bar chatting. It's clear this is their first meeting alone without their husbands (hence their mission is to impress one another. And maybe intimidate one another as well). It's also clear these are horrible people as their conversation revolves around how great it is to live in a town that mandates properties to be no less than 2 acres big, how their husbands who work at Mackinzie make a shit-ton of $, and how they themselves would never dream of living outside the NY-CT area. I wanted to chuck my high-ball glass at their faces.

But that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is to list out some of the things I am looking forward to when I move. So here goes.

  1. Awesome cycling. Auburn and that area of Alabama has great biking (both mountain and road). I am psyched about this.
  2. College football - Auburn. SEC. Enough said
  3. BBQ - self-explanatory
  4. Central air - I hate summer humidity. Our house will have central air so I can sleep in comfort. Two words about that. HELL and YES.
  5. A little extra $ in our pockets - Southern living = cheap living.
And there's plenty more which (when I am not on my lunch break) I'll write about. But until then, it's a start.

And yes, I do realize that when we move down South there will be people who will want to throw glasses at my face because I will inevitably be saying something stupid too loudly. But I'll take my shots, if only to leave this county.

No comments:

Post a Comment