Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last of the Estimators, The Final Verdict Comes In

Boy, what a disappointment.

I was really hoping this last one was going to come in at a rate that would at least make us think about giving them the work. Instead, it's outrageousness has forced our hand.

We're doing the move ourselves. No question about that anymore.

The last estimator was a national carrier, one that my employer has a relationship with. Not that my employer is going to be paying for the move, but I had hoped that we might be able to get a little bit better of a deal. Instead, we got the highest estimate of the three. So, to recap:

Estimate #1 - $4,350
Estimate #2 - $6,500
Estimate #3 - $8,000

Now, #3 included $2K for packing and $1100 for moving a washing machine and dryer. For that amount of $, I can buy a new washer and dryer when I get there. If you knock off the $3,100, we're down to $4,900, but still...Yowzers

So, we did our due diligence and now the path is clear. Time to hire moving companies to load and unload the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment