Friday, July 30, 2010

Our new home

I figured since its been about 2 weeks, I should probably do a post on the actual place we live. Stalkers out there take note: we will perform IP searches and report you to the police.

Kidding! Ha!

No, seriously, we will.

Anyways!

We live on the northwest corner of the Shug Jordan Parkway (we call it the Shug Knight. Just sounds more gangsta, doesn't it?) off of Richland Road. It's a relatively new development (2008), with each house on about 1/4 acre. Here's a shot of the street with the other houses. Pretty nice, right?

Yeah, they're a little cookie cutter, but they're new and we didn't have to do anything, which was pretty nice. And all the people we've met so far are super nice. (Incidentally, it took us, like, a year before we met anyone in our old neighborhood in Black Rock, but that's another post) Anywho...

If you haven't guessed by now, that's our house's front porch on the right of the picture there. Those are our chairs we will sit on in the evening before dinner when it isn't hot as Hades outside. And here's a front view of the house

It's a nice color. I like it.

And you see the garage peeking out the back of the house.

Inside is pretty nice, too. It's pretty much a great room with living, dining and kitchen areas in 1. Here's the kitchen and the "dining room", situated in the middle of the house, basically.




And here's the living room if you literally rotate 180 degrees from the position I took the above photo.


The picture is a little dark, but you get the idea. To the right of the picture, is a set of french doors that leads out to a little patio area and the back yard.

Domino's decapitated body make an appearance to provide scale. And that's my grandparent's patio table and benches in the background. They're more than 50 years old and they made the trip all the way! (a little banged up, but nothing a coat of paint and new nails can't fix.)

The rest of the backyard can be seen in the following pictures.



A fenced in back yard makes Domino and his owners very happy.
















And then there are the upstairs bedrooms, 1 for guests and the other for our office. Fufi makes his home above my desk where I spend my time these days.


And that's it, folks. That's our house!

2 comments:

  1. I will buy you a straw hat for front porch sitting. The long piece of grass on which you will chew you must provide yourself. Y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron . . . Thanks for this great blog. After 20+ years of post collegiate professional life, I am going back to get my PhD in management. My wife and I will be traveling from NJ to Auburn next week for a visit. While I talk with faculty, she will be scoping the community, rental homes, and schools. Your blog has helped calm some of her fears since she is an Italy-born, U.S.-raised Northeasterner who is nervous about the first visit to the Deep South. I would love to connect more directly to get your impression of neighborhoods, access to specialty foods (!!) and life in general. I will send a email to your wife so you have my contact information.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete